A recent article in Word magazine made the point that TV, Film and Game music placements are the new radio in terms of exposing your band to a mainstream audience. Top US TV shows like Greys Anatomy and House can expose bands to a new audience very quickly, making Music Supervisors very powerful within the [...]
Archive | October, 2010
One of the key things for bands in the early stages of their career is to develop an audience. Giving away some free music is a great way to connect with people and develop a relationship. For some bands giving away music that they have taken time and money to write and produce is a [...]
Some people think open mic nights are a waste of time, some say its close to karaoke, but they can be really useful to gain experience of live performance and make new contacts. Check the Liveunsigned.com listings for open mics in your area, its well worth giving it a go. Most people think of open [...]
Are you bored of playing the same local venues as everybody else? Looking for a way of getting press by doing something special? Here are some places you can play that are unusual and interesting both for musicians and audiences. Get people talking and make things interesting (some of these ideas may require approval by [...]
Recently there has been a lot of talk about fan/crowd funding for bands, this is essentially the idea of getting fans to pay in advance for the recording and production costs to make albums. This allows you to be free of record company/bank debt. There are sites like Pledge Music, Kickstarter or Rocket-Hub that can [...]
What are promoters looking for in a band? From a promoters perspective the bottom line is they want a full venue. The way they achieve this is by booking bands that are proactive in getting people to the gigs. You could argue (quite fairly) that its the promoters job to get people to the gig [...]
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Gigs On Ustream: August 10, 2010
- How to get your music on podcasts September 3, 2010
- Should you put your music on Spotify? July 12, 2011
- How do you get your music on itunes? August 26, 2010
- Hip hop marketing ideas for artists…..(Part 2) March 22, 2011
- Is DIY the only way for your band? May 23, 2013
- What is your band’s Elevator Pitch? April 18, 2013
- Black Flag’s Henry Rollins on how he found success as a musician. July 24, 2012
- Why do people go to gigs by unsigned and obscure bands? July 5, 2012
- How do you plan the perfect CD release gig? June 12, 2012
- HeatherWild: Hi there, I wanted to share this with everyo...
- Dreama: Great article! Finally somebody actually embrac...
- Angel Morales: hi Nick My Name is DJ Collisions I am trying to ge...
- SUPREME: REAL HIP HOP FROM OUT OF THE BAY AREA ! https://ww...
- Butterbee_044: Same here, I don't do the whole posting on blogs ...
Follow @liveunsigned on Twitter