More ideas on how to prepare for a recording session. Playing live and making a great record are very different things – A great live band has so much going for them. Performance, energy and passion can do wonders for a band. In the studio you can overdub parts and have thousands of options. Is [...]
Archive | November, 2010
So you now have a great live show and you’re starting to build a fan base, the next thing you need is a great recording. You can record at home but sometimes its going to sound better in a pro studio, especially if you intend to record guitar amps and real drums. You only have [...]
The best gigs are life changing experiences, where a band connects with an audience in a very special way. Think of the best gigs you have been to then think about making your own bands shows as good. If you want to make a living as a musician in an age of free downloads live [...]
When you start a band often the last thing you think of is where you will be in a few months, let alone three years time. But what happens if you get offered a 3 month tour or record deal, will everyone be willing to quit their day job or leave their family behind? Its [...]
A live DVD is a fantastic item to sell on your web site, something most bands don’t have, and a great way for you to show off your fantastic live act to the world. To make it look professional (and keep your audience interested) you will need to use multiple cameras and this is normally [...]
The most valuable thing you have as an indie artist is your fan base. If you are working on a budget ask your fans to help you, its amazing how people want to be part of what you’re doing. Remember to make them feel special by saying thank you and giving them exclusives like downloads [...]
Merchandising, from T-Shirts to Posters to Notebooks is a vital income stream for bands, even more so in the age of free music. Give your audience an opportunity to support and promote you by giving them high quality things to buy. 1 – Use Cafe Press or Zazzle for small runs of merchandise. Both these [...]
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Gigs On Ustream: August 10, 2010
- How to get your music on podcasts September 3, 2010
- Should you put your music on Spotify? July 12, 2011
- How do you get your music on itunes? August 26, 2010
- Hip hop marketing ideas for artists…..(Part 2) March 22, 2011
- Is DIY the only way for your band? May 23, 2013
- What is your band’s Elevator Pitch? April 18, 2013
- Black Flag’s Henry Rollins on how he found success as a musician. July 24, 2012
- Why do people go to gigs by unsigned and obscure bands? July 5, 2012
- How do you plan the perfect CD release gig? June 12, 2012
- HeatherWild: Hi there, I wanted to share this with everyo...
- Dreama: Great article! Finally somebody actually embrac...
- Angel Morales: hi Nick My Name is DJ Collisions I am trying to ge...
- SUPREME: REAL HIP HOP FROM OUT OF THE BAY AREA ! https://ww...
- Butterbee_044: Same here, I don't do the whole posting on blogs ...
Follow @liveunsigned on Twitter