MusicConnex is a new event for people looking for a career in the music industry with over 100 expert speakers and 40 sessions. Companies including Youtube, Soundcloud, Topspin, Reverbnation and INgrooves are involved and it takes place over three days at Kings Place in London starting on the 19th April. We have 5 tickets to [...]
Archive | March, 2011
One thing that bands are always looking for is positive print press. Magazines, fanzines and newspapers do still have a place in building an audience and positive press gives a lot of credibility to your online activities. The conventional way of getting press is either to send off lots of press kits and hope someone [...]
Many of the techniques for promoting yourself as a DIY musician in 2011 were first pioneered by US hardcore bands in the late 70′s/early 80′s. One of the first of the hardcore bands was Black Flag, best known for launching the career of Henry Rollins. Their is much to be learned from their DIY punk [...]
In part 2 of this post we will look at mixtapes, sponsorship, street teams and more: Make great videos and upload them to the web with Tubemogul. Tubemogul allows you to upload to Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook etc just by clicking one button, saving you hours of time. Some people use Youtube as their main way [...]
Next in our series on the erstwhile squat and squat venues of Berlin, Lovelite is more of a dance club than just a live venue, and is more exclusively focused on music than many of the places we’ve so far featured. A dive bar/ club housed in a former repair garage since 1999, Lovelite has [...]
Elizabeth has fronted 5 fine unsigned bands, this experience plus regular cravings for small gigs fuels the passion behind Live Unsigned. Partner in ibrow.com with Rob, with whom she relocated from London to Berlin in 2008. Now a new mum she gigs less but pours creative energy into Live Unsigned. Through LU she hopes to [...]
Hip Hop artists have long been ahead of the game in terms of personal branding and using the internet to build an audience. Whether you are a Producer, Singer or MC now is a great time to build an audience, here are a few ideas to make it happen, if you are prepared to put [...]
Exhibiting a worrying hatred of arena type venues and the purveyors of mundanity that they invariably house, Live Unsigned’s chief geek strives to seek out cosy hovels where the atmosphere’s not dead and the music is live. When tapping away at his dweeb-box during frenzied coding sessions, he gets incredibly exasperated if forced to remove [...]
Matt Stevens is a musician and social media person who lives in London with his wife. His music has been featured on hundreds of podcasts and blogs and in the national press. He likes Doctor Who, Radiohead, cats,US Hardcore, King Crimson and many other equally geeky things.
Oli Arditi, as you can see from his photo, enjoys looking confused while listening to music in pizzerias. He has successfully resisted the temptations of mainstream musical success, over a bass playing career spanning many years and at least several gigs, and has recently become obsessed with writing about music, and with supporting local, independent [...]
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Gigs On Ustream: August 10, 2010
- How to get your music on podcasts September 3, 2010
- Should you put your music on Spotify? July 12, 2011
- How do you get your music on itunes? August 26, 2010
- Hip hop marketing ideas for artists…..(Part 2) March 22, 2011
- Is DIY the only way for your band? May 23, 2013
- What is your band’s Elevator Pitch? April 18, 2013
- Black Flag’s Henry Rollins on how he found success as a musician. July 24, 2012
- Why do people go to gigs by unsigned and obscure bands? July 5, 2012
- How do you plan the perfect CD release gig? June 12, 2012
- Dreama: Great article! Finally somebody actually embrac...
- Angel Morales: hi Nick My Name is DJ Collisions I am trying to ge...
- SUPREME: REAL HIP HOP FROM OUT OF THE BAY AREA ! https://ww...
- Butterbee_044: Same here, I don't do the whole posting on blogs ...
- Comeseetheband: hi my name is Marlia and i want to spread the word...
Follow @liveunsigned on Twitter