In part 2 of this post we look at more of the things you need to think about when organising your first national tour: Make sure you have an AMAZING live act – It seems obvious but don’t tour until you are experienced in playing live and your live act is really tight. No mumbled [...]
Archive | July, 2011
A national tour is an amazing experience for a band but it needs a lot of work to ensure the venues are full, the fans are happy and the band doesn’t end up freezing in a ditch or in prison. You need to put a lot of effort in if you don’t want to end [...]
DIY musicians rarely find themselves with any spare time, they need to focus on the important things that will build you an audience. Important tasks like listing your gigs on Live Unsigned, talking to fans, sending messages to your mailing list, dealing with the industry and booking gigs are more than enough to keep you [...]
Unsigned bands are expected to be many things, from booking agents to web designers to social media content creators. One thing that you will need that is essential is a great album cover. For some artists the physical album is less important but some sort of artwork that you associate with a release will always [...]
On this blog we often talk about how you need to blog, use Twitter and play live as much as possible to build a following. If you want a career in music this is probably your best chance, the theory is that the more you do, the more chance you have of making things happen. [...]
Now is a great time to be an independent musician, you can post videos on Youtube, communicate with fans on Twitter and list your gigs on Live Unsigned. Another useful way to spread the word is Spotify, a streaming service for music available in the UK, Finland, France, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain and Sweden and soon [...]
In part 2 of this post we look at 10 more ways you can get 10 more people to come to your gigs. If you do all of them successfully you’ll soon see attendance at your live shows rise. Don’t forget to list your gigs on Live Unsigned and on social media before you do [...]
How many times have you spoken to a promoter about a gig and they have said you need to bring 30-40 people if you want to play at their venue? This happens a lot (and you can always set up your own gig). Successful gigs are not about big gestures but about a combination of [...]
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Gigs On Ustream: August 10, 2010
- How to get your music on podcasts September 3, 2010
- Should you put your music on Spotify? July 12, 2011
- How do you get your music on itunes? August 26, 2010
- Hip hop marketing ideas for artists…..(Part 2) March 22, 2011
- Is DIY the only way for your band? May 23, 2013
- What is your band’s Elevator Pitch? April 18, 2013
- Black Flag’s Henry Rollins on how he found success as a musician. July 24, 2012
- Why do people go to gigs by unsigned and obscure bands? July 5, 2012
- How do you plan the perfect CD release gig? June 12, 2012
- Dreama: Great article! Finally somebody actually embrac...
- Angel Morales: hi Nick My Name is DJ Collisions I am trying to ge...
- SUPREME: REAL HIP HOP FROM OUT OF THE BAY AREA ! https://ww...
- Butterbee_044: Same here, I don't do the whole posting on blogs ...
- Comeseetheband: hi my name is Marlia and i want to spread the word...
Follow @liveunsigned on Twitter