Who are those people who go to see bands at “unsigned nights”? It is very rarely someone who happens to be passing by a venue and just pops in (especially if there is an admission fee). So who will be at your first few gigs? Friends and family of your band members – Phone them, [...]
Archive | Gigs RSS feed for this section
Unfortunately not everyone is going to like what you do. For every major band there are legions of people who think they are rubbish. This is a strength. If you can get people to react (positive or otherwise) when they see you, you have more chance of them remembering you. Some people will look out [...]
When you start a band often the last thing you think of is where you will be in a few months, let alone three years time. But what happens if you get offered a 3 month tour or record deal, will everyone be willing to quit their day job or leave their family behind? Its [...]
Some people think open mic nights are a waste of time, some say its close to karaoke, but they can be really useful to gain experience of live performance and make new contacts. Check the Liveunsigned.com listings for open mics in your area, its well worth giving it a go. Most people think of open [...]
Are you bored of playing the same local venues as everybody else? Looking for a way of getting press by doing something special? Here are some places you can play that are unusual and interesting both for musicians and audiences. Get people talking and make things interesting (some of these ideas may require approval by [...]
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Gigs On Ustream: August 10, 2010
- How to get your music on podcasts September 3, 2010
- Should you put your music on Spotify? July 12, 2011
- Hip hop marketing ideas for artists…..(Part 2) March 22, 2011
- How do you get your music on itunes? August 26, 2010
- What is your band’s Elevator Pitch? April 18, 2013
- Black Flag’s Henry Rollins on how he found success as a musician. July 24, 2012
- Why do people go to gigs by unsigned and obscure bands? July 5, 2012
- How do you plan the perfect CD release gig? June 12, 2012
- How did Amanda Palmer raise over half a million dollars from her fans in under a week? May 18, 2012
- Angel Morales: hi Nick My Name is DJ Collisions I am trying to ge...
- SUPREME: REAL HIP HOP FROM OUT OF THE BAY AREA ! https://ww...
- Butterbee_044: Same here, I don't do the whole posting on blogs ...
- Comeseetheband: hi my name is Marlia and i want to spread the word...
- PHOENIXSTAR9: It's people like you that give me hope for the mu...
Follow @liveunsigned on Twitter