Elizabeth Wood – Co-founder & designer
Elizabeth has fronted 5 fine unsigned bands, this experience plus regular cravings for small gigs fuels the passion behind Live Unsigned. Partner in ibrow.com with Rob, with whom she relocated from London to Berlin in 2008. Now a new mum she gigs less but pours creative energy into Live Unsigned. Through LU she hopes to meet lots of nice penpals and one day embark on a tour of quaint dingy dives in far off places.
Rob Searles – Co-founder & technical lead
Exhibiting a worrying hatred of arena type venues and the purveyors of mundanity that they invariably house, Live Unsigned’s chief geek strives to seek out cosy hovels where the atmosphere’s not dead and the music is live. When tapping away at his dweeb-box during frenzied coding sessions, he gets incredibly exasperated if forced to remove his headphones and engage in conversation.
Matt Stevens – Chief blogger
Matt Stevens is a musician and social media person who lives in London with his wife. His music has been featured on hundreds of podcasts and blogs and in the national press. He likes Doctor Who, Radiohead, cats,US Hardcore, King Crimson and many other equally geeky things.
Oli Arditi – Band reviews & blog contributions
Oli Arditi, as you can see from his photo, enjoys looking confused while listening to music in pizzerias. He has successfully resisted the temptations of mainstream musical success, over a bass playing career spanning many years and at least several gigs, and has recently become obsessed with writing about music, and with supporting local, independent artists. He believes in music writing that addresses itself directly to the music, and that shows respect for the risk taking inherent in performing original, creative music.
Paul Linus Claassen – LU blog illustrations
Paul is currently studing graphic design at BTK in Berlin, Germany. When not working on 3D models of fantastic buildings he’s usually out having fun whilst being constantly hassled to do pictures for Live Unsigned. He likes science-fiction and plays the drums!
Dobriana Apostolava – Research and data
Dobriana can’t breathe without good music, and since there is no oxygen in the mainstream, she strives to find fresh air in the face of new musicians. As a songwriter, based in Bulgaria, her greatest ambition is to one day be able to move to London and start her own band.
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Gigs On Ustream: August 10, 2010
- How to get your music on podcasts September 3, 2010
- Should you put your music on Spotify? July 12, 2011
- How do you get your music on itunes? August 26, 2010
- Hip hop marketing ideas for artists…..(Part 2) March 22, 2011
- Is DIY the only way for your band? May 23, 2013
- What is your band’s Elevator Pitch? April 18, 2013
- Black Flag’s Henry Rollins on how he found success as a musician. July 24, 2012
- Why do people go to gigs by unsigned and obscure bands? July 5, 2012
- How do you plan the perfect CD release gig? June 12, 2012
- Dreama: Great article! Finally somebody actually embrac...
- Angel Morales: hi Nick My Name is DJ Collisions I am trying to ge...
- SUPREME: REAL HIP HOP FROM OUT OF THE BAY AREA ! https://ww...
- Butterbee_044: Same here, I don't do the whole posting on blogs ...
- Comeseetheband: hi my name is Marlia and i want to spread the word...
Follow @liveunsigned on Twitter