Often on the blog we talk about putting on your own gigs and how to make things happen for yourself. One of the things you will want to do when organising your own events is to sell tickets via the web. Ticket Tailor is a company that allows you to sell tickets for your events [...]
Tag Archives | diy
DIY musicians rarely find themselves with any spare time, they need to focus on the important things that will build you an audience. Important tasks like listing your gigs on Live Unsigned, talking to fans, sending messages to your mailing list, dealing with the industry and booking gigs are more than enough to keep you [...]
Unsigned bands are expected to be many things, from booking agents to web designers to social media content creators. One thing that you will need that is essential is a great album cover. For some artists the physical album is less important but some sort of artwork that you associate with a release will always [...]
Every act from hip-hop to death metal needs fans, people who support you financially and spread the word about your music. But why should fans choose to follow you? It takes more than great music, although that always has to be the start of it all. To build a fan base you need to build [...]
Many of the techniques for promoting yourself as a DIY musician in 2011 were first pioneered by US hardcore bands in the late 70′s/early 80′s. One of the first of the hardcore bands was Black Flag, best known for launching the career of Henry Rollins. Their is much to be learned from their DIY punk [...]
Live Unsigned’s resident reviewer Oli Arditi will be contributing to the blog over the next few weeks taking a special look at squat scenes as a hub for some of the most interesting musicians and event organisers – an area of special interest to us at Live Unsigned. The first post in the series gives [...]
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Gigs On Ustream: August 10, 2010
- How to get your music on podcasts September 3, 2010
- Should you put your music on Spotify? July 12, 2011
- Hip hop marketing ideas for artists…..(Part 2) March 22, 2011
- How do you get your music on itunes? August 26, 2010
- What is your band’s Elevator Pitch? April 18, 2013
- Black Flag’s Henry Rollins on how he found success as a musician. July 24, 2012
- Why do people go to gigs by unsigned and obscure bands? July 5, 2012
- How do you plan the perfect CD release gig? June 12, 2012
- How did Amanda Palmer raise over half a million dollars from her fans in under a week? May 18, 2012
- Angel Morales: hi Nick My Name is DJ Collisions I am trying to ge...
- SUPREME: REAL HIP HOP FROM OUT OF THE BAY AREA ! https://ww...
- Butterbee_044: Same here, I don't do the whole posting on blogs ...
- Comeseetheband: hi my name is Marlia and i want to spread the word...
- PHOENIXSTAR9: It's people like you that give me hope for the mu...
Follow @liveunsigned on Twitter