Most bands dream of walking out onstage to a packed audience, full of excited fans, screaming and clapping. That is the dream. But what is the path to get to that point? How do you go from playing in a pub to gaining the attention of the fans and the music industry? It happens all [...]
Tag Archives | roadies
Rehearsing can be frustrating when all you want to do is be up in front of an audience and getting out there and doing it for real. What happens on stage is directly related to what happens in the rehearsal room. Get it right here and you will have more chance of building a fan [...]
In the final part of this post we look at street teams, budgeting, merchandising and avoiding strained relationships on the road. Here are some more things that you need to bear in mind: Build relationships - Don’t be late or annoy promoters or behave like an egotistical rock star. In the early stages of your touring [...]
A national tour is an amazing experience for a band but it needs a lot of work to ensure the venues are full, the fans are happy and the band doesn’t end up freezing in a ditch or in prison. You need to put a lot of effort in if you don’t want to end [...]
In part 2 of this post we look at some more people you will need for your support team. These people may be in your band or may be friends, fans or family. You’ll need all the help you can get in the early stages of your musical career: A social media person – This [...]
Being an independent musician doesn’t mean doing everything yourself, nobody has all the skills that you’ll need to build a fan base. In the early stages of your career you won’t be able to pay people so you’ll need to rally friends and band members to fill these roles. You may find you have a [...]
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Gigs On Ustream: August 10, 2010
- How to get your music on podcasts September 3, 2010
- Should you put your music on Spotify? July 12, 2011
- Hip hop marketing ideas for artists…..(Part 2) March 22, 2011
- How do you get your music on itunes? August 26, 2010
- What is your band’s Elevator Pitch? April 18, 2013
- Black Flag’s Henry Rollins on how he found success as a musician. July 24, 2012
- Why do people go to gigs by unsigned and obscure bands? July 5, 2012
- How do you plan the perfect CD release gig? June 12, 2012
- How did Amanda Palmer raise over half a million dollars from her fans in under a week? May 18, 2012
- Angel Morales: hi Nick My Name is DJ Collisions I am trying to ge...
- SUPREME: REAL HIP HOP FROM OUT OF THE BAY AREA ! https://ww...
- Butterbee_044: Same here, I don't do the whole posting on blogs ...
- Comeseetheband: hi my name is Marlia and i want to spread the word...
- PHOENIXSTAR9: It's people like you that give me hope for the mu...
Follow @liveunsigned on Twitter